Wednesday, October 14, 2009

RESTART... /sigh

Rehashing this blog. I didn't continue it as well as I would have liked. Made a whole bunch of new stuff since my last post way back when. Here are links to all of em

Terragraphy

Genie

Anymedium

Finally got myself an internship right across the street from my school. I also managed to get a job on campus due to some lucky connections. I'm working the library from 10pm to 2am as a late night monitor. All I have to do I sit at the front desk and do homework for $10 an hour so go me!

The class load this semester is manageable and actually fun...ish. Life Drawing, After Effects, 3D Animation, History of Graphic Design, Japanese, and Tennis. I can already feel History of Graphics slipping as the class has the lightest (read: nonexistent) workload save for a few scattered and easy projects. After Effects is definitely the most fun class as we really get to explore the program and make some fun stuff. Unfortunately the teacher grades rather harshly so we'll have to see how that plays out.

I'm starting to get sick of having no websites or commercial media to use as a portfolio. I only have art that would be considered art-for-arts-sake. Why is it I can't find any other graphic designers who do the same type of work I do? All they seem to care about is making their brochures and event fliers and other commercial bull****. I understand the need for these things but when did the idea of art depart from graphic design. I challenge these students to make something that couldn't be used commercially. I have yet to see a fellow graphic designer in my classes who has art that was made for him or herself. /rant

No comments:

Post a Comment